President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev signed a Decree on the revision of the procedure of appointments of rectors of national universities, Academy of the law enforcement agencies under the Prosecutor General’s Office, the Director of the National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the head of the “Astana Opera” Opera and ballet theatre.
According to the Decree, the first leadership of these institutions to be appointed by the authorized bodies regulating the relevant field of their activities. The selection of candidates will be carried out on a competitive basis.
The new appointment procedure will affect the following national universities:
1. Al-Farabi Kazakh National University;
2. Lev Gumilyov Eurasian National University;
3. The Kazakh National Research Technical University after Kanysh Satbayev;
4. Kazakh National Pedagogical University named after Abay;
5. Kazakh National Agrarian University;
6. Kazakh National Conservatory named after Kurmangazy;
7. Kazakh National University of Arts;
8. Kazakh National Academy of Arts named after Temirbek Zhurgenov;
9. Kazakh National Medical University named after Sanzhar Asfendiyarov;
10. Kazakh National Academy of Choreography;
11. Kazakh National Women's Pedagogical University.