During the event, the Head of State has been presented 18 textbooks translated and published as part of the program for public consciousness improvement.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that the program article Look into the Future: Improvement of Public Consciousness found a wide response among Kazakhstanis, and dwelled on the outputs in its separate areas.
- All regions have joined Tugan Zher, Sacred Geography and 100 New Personalities Projects. Tens of billions of tenge have been attracted from the funds of patrons for the social infrastructure development during the year. Over 700 cultural monuments have been landscaped and restored, and hundreds of scientific expeditions have been organized, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State stressed that the discussion of the new Kazakh alphabet has become a historic step, demonstrating our society’s creative unity.
Nursultan Nazarbayev, noting the importance of activities in public consciousness improvement, pointed to the special role of 100 New Textbooks Project in educating the younger generation.
- Young people should receive knowledge corresponding to the highest scientific standards. Therefore, we have prepared a large list of the best textbooks, consisting of 800 books. There is a National Translation Bureau, which has already started its functioning. Today we have seen the presentation of the first 18 books, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State stressed the importance of the event in the context of developing the social and humanitarian sphere and named a number of its features.
- Today's first intellectual tranche includes the best scientific products of such advanced countries as the USA, Russia, Great Britain, France and Switzerland. Few of our young people were given the opportunity to get acquainted with them, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that translation of books into the Kazakh language was done from the original language.
The Head of State stressed that this event gave rise to a new stage in the program of public consciousness improvement.
- That is the staging point via which the extended encyclopaedical search opens the way to the horizons of human development. Currently a spiritual revolution begins owing to the impulse caused by intellectual development, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan drew attention to the fact that progress in modern conditions is largely determined by the potential of engineering sciences, pointing out the significance of understanding the goals of applying advanced technologies.
- Scientific knowledge is the main condition for the modern nation’s competitiveness. New textbooks are a real encyclopaedia of knowledge. Not only the method of education is important at present, but also its content. In this regard, Ruhani Zhangyru Program gives an opportunity to implement a five-year national training course, the Head of State said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that in the world practice there are few examples of actualizing such a comprehensive program.
- New textbooks are an exclusive humanitarian library. It will be available to all people in three formats: in the form of ordinary paper books, in electronic online versions and in the format of a video library of open lectures from the best lecturers. Our young people living abroad will also have access to it at a time when the books will be published in the Latin script, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State pointed out that thanks to the Project’s implementation, there is a new culture of translation in Kazakhstan. In addition, the Kazakh leader noted the importance of enhancing the country and the society’s competitiveness.
- Ruhani Zhangyru Program is being actualized for the future of our youth. In this regard, it is very important that the younger generation is actively involved in its implementation. Today, we have once again become convinced of the strength of the scientific and human potential created in our country during the years of independence, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
Noting the importance of following the principle of triunity of languages, the President of Kazakhstan instructed to provide for this year translation, including into Russian, of several foreign textbooks.
At the end of the meeting, the Head of State gave a number of specific instructions to the Government of Kazakhstan and the National Translation Bureau.
- First, it is necessary to ensure further quality translation and publication of 30 books planned for 2018. Financing should be on time and in full. Textbooks, the translation of which is planned for the next year, should be selected and analysed on time. Secondly, one of the important tasks is the effective introduction of these textbooks in the education process. The disciplines studied in these textbooks should be in educational programs the new school year. Thirdly, I order to systematize the terms used in scientific practice and publish a new explanatory dictionary of humanitarian and economic vocabulary, the Head of State said
Also, the President of Kazakhstan instructed to ensure appropriate quality control of project implementation by authorized state bodies.
- Fourthly, publication of textbooks should be in the form of ordinary books. At the same time, it is necessary to develop online education. There are virtual universities in developed countries. Open University of Kazakhstan should receive comprehensive support. It is necessary to pay special attention to quality control of the video library of open lectures, as well as textbooks prepared on their basis. Fifthly, 100 New Textbooks Project plays an important role in the development of scientific translation school. Therefore, it is necessary to systematize and develop experience, knowledge and professional skills in the field of translation, the Head of State concluded.