Forum has been attended by over 1000 people from all regions of Kazakhstan, including entrepreneurs, professionals of various fields of industry, scientists, students, famous athletes and leaders of the largest youth organizations.
In his speech, the President spoke about the troubled period of nation-building at the dawn of independence, turned attention to once-in-a-lifetime opportunity originating in the country for self-realization of young people, the importance of a quality education that meets modern requirements and challenges of a rapidly changing world.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the country's history of success is, above all, the story of its youth’s success.
- Focus on the younger generation, about its present and future, has always been the main point of my policy. Every young citizen of Kazakhstan has an opportunity to get a good education, a job, a family, to have own housing, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of the State also pointed to the launched "Professional Education for All" Program.
- The government makes it possible for everyone to get free first blue-collar job, a guaranteed place of employment, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev made it clear that great attention is paid to backing youth entrepreneurship within "Business Road Map 2020".
- During the first half of 2016 financial support in the form of state subsidies of the interest rate on bank loans has been provided to 55 projects of young businesspeople. Our goal is for small and medium enterprises to produce more than half of Kazakhstan's products, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan voiced special thanks to the participants of student and youth groups "Zhasyl El".
- More than 250 thousand young people have taken part in the labor brigades. They planted nearly 50 million trees on 150 thousand hectares. They have a noble purpose - to make our country green and clean, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State pointed out that for the years of independence the number of young researchers and scientists has increased.
- Our young people have the opportunity to receive a world-class education in the Nazarbayev University. Today, the whole world is in front of the youth. You do live in challenging time, and you are growing along with the country coming with a wet sail down the road. The rules are such that everywhere – in the home country and on a global basis - there is an eternal mechanism of competition, Nursultan Nazarbayev concluded.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that at the same time transition to a knowledge-based economy provides flexibility, dynamism and growth sustainability.
- Therefore, Kazakhstan's joining the 30 world’s developed countries shall be based on the formation of knowledge-based economy. The world comes into a new technological era. Its tendencies strike, admire and astonish and still firmly open a question of the country's future. The future just issues an ultimatum: Evolve or Disappear! - Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State particularly settled upon new technologies related to the era, being the challenges for a society.
- The principal social challenge that lies behind these innovations is the mass extinction of many professions, mass job cuts, and thus the global job deficit. In that regard, particular relevance acquires “Society of Universal Labor” idea previously put forward by me, which is organically linked with the innovation programs of industrialization, "Nurly Zhol", and the Nation’s Plan "100 Specific Steps", the President of Kazakhstan said.
Also Nursultan Nazarbayev focused on youth innovation, gaining strength in the university environment in developed countries.
- I consider it important to create the same favorable environment in Kazakhstan’s student community for the growth of start-ups. We already have the first successful examples in the country’s leading universities. One should widen the experience. And it is the task for the Ministry of Education and Science, heads of universities and the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs, he said.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan pointed to manifold opportunities for employment and enterprise development in the sphere of tourism, construction, public services, light industry and agriculture.
At the same time, Nursultan Nazarbayev welcomed the athletes, creative young people and all young artists.
- I wish you worthily represent Kazakhstan in the framework of the cultural program and the work of volunteers at the EXPO-2017 international exhibition "Energy of the Future", he said.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan wished everyone good health, happiness and well-being, emphasizing that all the achievements are owing to the state of stability, peace and friendship among more than 100 ethnic groups in our country.
Astana Maslikhat deputy A.Oralov, "Bolashak" grant holder, theater and film actress A.Alimzhan, "Zerde National ICT Holding" JSC Board chairperson A.Zhienbaeva, the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan activist M.Spotkay, the Asian IT Conference 2016 winner S.Naukenov, "Kazakhstan Aluminum" JSC economist A.Dosanova, «Open Technologies Group» founder K.Ahmetov, "Damu Entrepreneurship Development Fund" JSC Board chairman K.Tuleushin, "Zhasyl El" private institution head R.Hamidullin, the Karaganda State University "Laboratory of Robots and Smart Machines" head N.Esmagambetov, the champion of international chess tournaments D.Saduakasova, a businessman and director of "OTAN Kazakhstan Watch Company” A.Toksanbaev, Ludwig Maximilian University doctoral student in Munich K.Abdieva and «TERRAPOINT» LLP engineer D.Homenko have taken the floor.