The solemn reception was also attended by the Presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Speaking with a welcoming speech, the Head of State congratulated all Kazakhstan’s nation on the 20th anniversary of Astana.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized the special importance of words Kazakhstan, Independence and Astana for every citizen of the country.
The Head of State separately dwelt on the history of Astana and named the ancient town of Bozok a forerunner of the modern capital of Kazakhstan.
- Astana was the residence of Kazakh rulers, ranging from Yedige to Az-Tauke Khan. Capital archaeologists, who carried out research on my behalf, found the summer headquarters of Khan Az-Tauke near the village of Kuigenzhar on the bank of the Ishim River, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State thanked all the participants in the construction of the new capital of Kazakhstan and residents of all regions for gifts for Astana’s anniversary.
- A new century of Kazakhstan began with construction of Astana. First, since the first years of independence, all institutions of statehood have been established. Astana has become a new political centre, recognizable in the world, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Also, Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that Kazakhstan got world recognition thanks to the newly gained independence and Astana.
The Head of State noted that Astana, being Kazakhstan’s geostrategic centre, allowed to form a new model of political, economic and social development.
- New landscape aesthetics has been formed in the capital, uniting the city and the plain. Astana has become a centre of peace and harmony for the whole world. The capital of Kazakhstan has become native to all the friendly and multiethnic people of our country, the President of Kazakhstan said.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev pointed out that Astana opened up opportunities for new migration processes in the country.
- For 20 years the population of the capital has grown 4 times and reached 1 million people. The whole country is proud of this city and is trying to be equal to it. Astana’s dynamic development has positively affected the economic growth of the regions, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that Astana has developed its own special lifestyle, and noted the conditions created in the capital for comfortable living of citizens.
The Head of State also dwelled on Astana’s achievements, which has become a place of generation of new ideas and innovations.
- Astana Economic Forum is held in the capital, where topical issues of the world economy development are discussed. Astana has become a centre, where historic decisions are made that affect the further development of all mankind. Historical documents of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, CICA and the EEU, which have influenced social and economic growth throughout the world, were signed here, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also spoke about Astana Declaration adopted at the end of the OSCE Summit and the OIC Summit on Science and Technology.
- For twenty years Astana has become the epicentre of global integration, security and peacemaking. After the historic OSCE summit, the concept of Spirit of Astana firmly entered the world politics. Our constructive initiatives in the field of a nuclear-free world and a just world order contributed to the election of Kazakhstan as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council and the chairmanship of this authoritative organization, the Head of State noted.
The President of Kazakhstan stressed that over the past 20 years, 22 monarchs, 180 presidents, 109 heads of government and 114 heads of international organizations visited Astana.
- Visits of leaders and high-ranking officials are the most important indicator of friendly relations between countries. And every such visit increased the number of Astana's friends all over the world, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of State spoke about personal friendship with leaders of leading foreign countries and their impressions of Kazakhstan’s capital.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized that Astana and Kazakhstan attract the hearts of many people and nations.
The President of Kazakhstan noted the key role of Kazakhstan’s capital in modernizing the economy in the conditions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the country’s integration into the global economic space.
- The city dynamically joins the global technological trend of Industry 4.0. Over the years, the gross regional product has grown 190 times. And it reached KZT 5 trillion in nominal terms, and in real terms it increased 5.5 times. The volume of investments for 20 years was almost KZT 8 trillion. In general, state investments in the capital city’s development have paid off almost 2.5 times, Nursultan Nazarbayev gave detailed information.
In conclusion, the Head of State once again congratulated Kazakhstan’s nation on the 20th anniversary and wished everyone prosperity and development.
After the solemn reception the President of Kazakhstan has taken part in the festive gala concert dedicated to the capital city’s anniversary.