In the building of regional philharmonic there was a meeting of Nursultan Nazarbayev with prominent public members of the region.
It was attended by successful professionals in various fields, veterans, youth leaders, heads of non-governmental organizations and ethnic and cultural associations.
The President congratulated those present on the 25th anniversary of Independence and marked out significant achievements of the country.
- All our advantages are built upon on a solid foundation - peace and stability in the country. National unity and harmony is the crowning achievement of independence. There have been fundamental changes in politics, economics, society, culture. Our country has significantly enhanced its global stature. Thus, the weighted foreign course and the generally accepted leadership in the global anti-nuclear movement guaranteed Kazakhstan being a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The President of Kazakhstan emphasized that during a quarter of a century the country has achieved large-scale results, contributed to international recognition, as well as the growth of its socio-economic and cultural potential.
- Next year Kazakhstan hosts EXPO-2017 international specialized exhibition, which is held on the CIS territory for the first time. The event will be attended by more than 100 countries and several international organizations. Every region of Kazakhstan should make a strong contribution to the success of this historic event, said the Head of State.
During the meeting Nursultan Nazarbayev highlighted the fact that the Kostanay land is among the main granaries of Kazakhstan.
- Big agro-industrial complex with a developed mining and machine-building sector is a major economic base not only in the region but also throughout the country. Kostanay is one of the main agricultural regions, and it makes a significant contribution to food security of the country. Over 25 years the region’s gross agricultural output has increased to 295 billion tenge, he said.
Kazakhstan's President also drew attention to the resource potential of the region and the development of the industry.
- 100% asbestos reserves are here, as well as over 98% of the national volume of primary aluminum and 93% of iron ore. During the years of industrialization 82 investment projects with an investment of 121 billion tenge have been implemented in the region. That created about 5000 new jobs. Industrialization has led to new processing sectors such as automotive manufacturing and metallurgy. Since 2010 about 29 thousand cars have been assembled, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
In addition, the Head of State stressed the importance of the integrated development of transport and social infrastructure of the region.
- Landmark event for the inhabitants of the region is the construction of new railways Altynsarino-Khromtau and Arkalyk-Shubarkol. This gave new impetus to the economic and social development. Good rates are observed in housing construction. Over 25 years about 5 million square meters of housing was put into operation in the region, said the President of Kazakhstan.
In turn, the citizens of Kostanay expressed gratitude to Nursultan Nazarbayev for his constant attention to the region and effective public policies.
Also during the meeting Akim of Kostanay region A.Muhambetov reported on socio-economic situation in the region and prospects of its development.
In conclusion, the Head of State again congratulated those present on the 25th anniversary of Independence of Kazakhstan wishing them prosperity and success.