Within the framework of his working visit to Pavlodar region there was a meeting of the Head of State with the public members. It was attended by honored veterans, workers of industrial enterprises, representatives of the agricultural sector, youth leaders, athletes, leaders of public organizations and ethno-cultural associations.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that sustainable economic development model has been created during the years of independence.
- There is a strong entrepreneurial class, which has become the new growth driver for a market economy. Today there are more than 1 million 260 thousand small and medium-sized businesses, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The Head of State stressed the importance of achievements in the social sphere of the country.
- According to the rating of the United Nations Development Programme, Kazakhstan is among the group of countries with high human development, ranking 55 in the world, said the President of Kazakhstan.
The Head of State also made a point of the impressive results in the region, which has become the industrial core of the Kazakh economy.
- Large-scale projects have been successfully implemented, and they laid a solid industrial base for further development of the region. In particular, electrolytic plant for primary aluminum production with capacity of 250 thousand tons per year has been constructed, which brought Kazakhstan to a number of leaders of non-ferrous metallurgy. As part of this important project, the production of aluminum wire rod was launched in KazEnergoKabel JSC. Another significant facility is Caustic JSC plant for manufacturing chlorine and caustic soda with capacity of 30 thousand tons per year, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
During the event there was a teleconference, during which the official start was given to the launch of a new factory for ore processing and production of copper concentrate in the framework of Bozshakol ore processing plant (OPP) development.
The President congratulated those present on that historic occasion, and emphasized that the launch of new production shows a significant industrial and innovative potential of Pavlodar region.
- The startup company will increase the capacity of Bozshakol OPP up to 30 million tons and the production of copper concentrate and 100 thousand tons, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
At the same time the President stressed that the region is also a recognized leader in the energy sector.
- During the years of independence 600 billion tenge have been invested in it, and more than 2,300 megawatts of new capacity were produced, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
In addition, the President of Kazakhstan noted the improvement of transport infrastructure.
- Aksu-Kurchatov railway line has been put into operation, and the international highway to Omsk has been modernized. At present the Nurly Zhol program is successfully being implemented in the framework of which a bridge across the Irtysh River is being erected. Astana-Pavlodar highway has been constructed, the construction completion of which is scheduled for 2017, said the Head of State.
Nursultan Nazarbayev highlighted gradually taken measures in the social sphere.
- For 25 years the region’s residential areas have increased by 1.7 million square meters of housing. Just last year, 35 billion tenge were allocated for the development of public health, which is 100 times more than during the first year of our Independence. A good indicator is the educational sphere in the region. There are no wrecking schools and three-shift schedule of learning, said the President of Kazakhstan.
The Head of State also noted that in circumstances where there is instability of growth in world markets and rapid technological change, it is necessary to take extraordinary measures to move our country forward. A top priority is transition of Kazakhstan's economy to the industrial and innovation-based growth.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized that the government will continue to create the conditions for economic growth and improved living standards.
In turn, the public members in their speeches expressed their gratitude to the Head of State for his constant attention to the issues of regional development and effective public policies.
In conclusion, the President of Kazakhstan said that all the progress made over the region since independence had been made possible thanks to the dedicated work of its people and wished all citizens of Pavlodar good health, well-being and prosperity.